$10k Sign-on Bonus Principle Process Engineer – Spray drying
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Process Engineering on new product introductions/optimizations. Responsible for designing experiments/engineering studies, and conducting studies (lab, pilot plant and plant scale) to determine manufacturability, cost, capital, risk, and schedule considerations.
- Support capital projects by leading early stage of capital cycle while working with cross functional teams (R&D, Regional Engineering, supply chain stakeholders, vendors, and firms)
- Product characterization to support equipment design requirements
- Equipment vendor selection /assessments
- Support RFI/RFQ activities and review of vendor submissions / quotations
- Provide input to user requirements, design specifications, process parameters
- Support development of engineering studies, commissioning, and validation plans
- Participate in process FMEA assessments
- Provide technical support for complex product/process problem troubleshooting efforts
- Design and conduct testing to evaluate new technologies, processing equipment changes
- Provide effective communication through verbal and written reports
- Support multiple, often concurrent, projects and meet assigned deadlines.
- Interface frequently and effectively with program leadership and key stakeholders
- 20-30% travel is anticipated (domestic and international) as part of the role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience.
- B.S. in Engineering, chemical preferred. B.S. / postgraduate qualification in Food Science/Food Chemistry also relevant.
- A technical background in nutritional and food manufacturing processes with emphasis in powder manufacture including the following unit operations; batching, heat treatment, homogenization, evaporation, drying, dry blending, filling.
- Knowledge of the impact of processing parameters on ingredients and finished product quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on cross functional teams is critical.
- Ability to effectively analyze and summarize process and product information (using statistical methods) to determine solutions to production and quality issues.
- Familiarity with infant formula and food regulations, HACCP/FMEA and GMP standards
- Experience in process capacity/CFD/dryer modeling
- Experience in powder capital expansion programs with direct design responsibility
- Computer skills include MS Office applications, OSI PI Processbook, ANSYS, FlexSim, Minitab or equivalent.
The base pay for this position is$90,700.00 – $181,300.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : 2900 Easton Square Place
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdfEEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf ID:uDnQdo