12-hour Night Shift Maintenance Technician
Great Lakes Cheese
The Maintenance Technician IV ensures maximum operating efficiency, maintenance and repair of machines and equipment in production, including electrical repairs and PLC programming.
• Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production issues and problems.
• Maintain production equipment.
• Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
• Create requisitions of equipment and supplies to maintain equipment.
• Extensive knowledge to maintain and troubleshoot PLC controls electrical/electronic systems and general production line equipment.
• Identify problem areas and address with permanent solutions.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and/or commensurate experience.
• 5 years of maintenance experience and/or training or more.
• Extensive understanding of manufacturing processes.
• Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
• Broad depth of experience and knowledge of production machinery and equipment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Extensive electrical knowledge/training.
• Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to weld. (TIG, MIG and Stick)
• Read and understand schematics, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic drawings.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
• Basic computer skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
• 5 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment or more.
• Experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems / PSM.
• SAP experience.