1st Class Engineer (DIA) Part Time Weekend Work
Washington DC, DC
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: 1st Class Engineer (DIA) Part Time Weekend Work
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an opening for and 1st Class Engineer for Part Time Weekend Work in Washington DC. Serves as a Stationary Operating Engineer in DIA Government buildings and performs duties associated with the operation, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration and air-conditioning and heating equipment. The schedule will be for weekends
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs adjustments and minor repairs to mechanical and electrical equipment and component parts of heating and air-conditioning systems and auxiliary support equipment while on watch or tour.
- Performs physical inspections of equipment, and test equipment for correct operation of all components of the refrigeration cycle and other relevant factors, contributing to the proper and efficient operation of HVAC systems.
- Monitor site operations through the BMCS control system.
- Answering occupants’ complaints relating to heating and air-conditioning temperature and humidity factors, when performing "service calls" in occupied office spaces and making other required adjustments to equipment.
- Ensures proper and efficient performance of operating equipment during an assigned watch.
- Conducts physical inspections of equipment and performing such tasks as oiling and greasing, testing for refrigerant leaks, proper functioning of controls.
- Determines when auxiliary system components need to be brought "on-line" to maximize equipment load balance and to maintain acceptable indoor environmental conditions.
- Checking steam pressure reducing stations, vacuum pumps and sump pumps
- Performing repairs to ventilating, refrigeration, and heating equipment and components, while under the supervision and technical guidance of a higher-grade operating engineering or Program Manager
- Institutes the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Performs additional tasks as directed by his Supervisor.
- DC Class 1 Engineers License.
- TS/SCI security clearance recognized by the DIA.
- Prior experience as a watch supervisor.
- Be proficient and knowledgeable in HVAC systems
- Be able to perform preventive maintenance on all operational and mechanical equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of operating related electrical equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics, and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems.
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs / push up to 100 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies, and parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer-Veterans/Disabled.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.