All Packaging Co.
The 1st Pressman in the Printing Department is responsible for coordinating make-ready, operations, and maintenance on the Printing Press.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insert packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height.
- Fasten reinforcing bars to offset blankets and install plates and blankets on press cylinders.
- Make adjustments to achieve pressure required for printing.
- Adjust press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams using hand tools.
- Remove and replace worn rollers and adjust pressure between rollers of press using hand tools.
- Wash blankets, and clean ink, ink distributing rollers, and ink fountains using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- Make necessary color, register corrections, and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days depend on business needs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience setting up and running sheetfed presses, preferably in the paperboard folding industry.
- Experience with KBA and UV.
- Knowledge of prepress and printing.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Ability to adjust feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides, and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under the guidance of senior-level Press Operators.
All Packaging Company has been in the folding carton manufacturing business for 70 years. We believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with Company match plan after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year.
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.
We also offer a Retention Bonus of $500 in 6 months and $500 more when you hit your year mark.