1st Shift Receiving Clerk
Grand Prairie, TX
1st Shift 6:00AM to 4:00PM
The Receiving Clerk works on the receiving dock. They physically unload trucks by hand and with a manual pallet jack. The receiver also is responsible for scanning the inbound boxes into the system. The scanning is performed on the conveyor with RF equipment, at a stationary computer terminal, or utilizing an auto-sorter.
Communicate with associates and management.
Unload trucks of inbound freight and verify counts.
Unload parcel trucks.
Scan all boxes into the system.
Adhere to all company policies and goals.
Commit to meeting all customer’s goals.
Escalate significant events (i.e., Diversion, Adverse Events, Informix slow down, etc.)
Clock in at the appropriate location and at the correct time.
Work overtime as scheduled.
Follow all safety and security rules
Keeps work area clean and organized
High School diploma preferred or its equivalent; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete the responsibilities of this position
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to maintain professionalism at all times as well as handle information in a confidential manner
Ability to lift boxes up to 50lbs.
Ability to follow operating and safety procedures
Working knowledge and experience operating pallet jacks
Ability to assist other operations within the warehouse as needed
Ability to work with hazardous materials
Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
Regularly required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus
Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As an Inmar Associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer