1st Shift Research Clerk
Grand Prairie, TX
Under the minimal supervision of the manager and in collaboration with the client and other team members, the incumbent performs detailed, routine clerical work of an analytical and client-service nature. Typical duties include day-to-day communications with clients regarding processed data, system functionality, and file maintenance questions and issues. The incumbent will coordinate the flow of data information between the client, Inmar Reverse Logistics and the vendor. The incumbent should be knowledgeable in all Company services and reporting capabilities, and be able to use the system independently.
- Prioritize SLA accounts
- Issuing RA’s for product returns to manufacturer clients in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage inbound returns to prioritize RA Issuance based on customer requirements
- Maintain detailed, accurate files and records
- Work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks requiring extensive timely follow up and completion of all projects
- Adhere to prescribed routines and practices
- Proceed independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimal instruction
- Communicates with installation and programming staff to resolve data issues.
- Receive and respond to client requests and inquiries.
- Work with the client to develop, refine and maintain new processes, per the client’s specifications.
- Responsible for facilitating the return authorization process for product held in Company centers for return to supplier.
- Responsible for written and oral communication with client in order to resolve issues.
- Initiates internal correspondence requiring action from other department.
- Drafts appropriate internal & external correspondence regarding issues, analysis and follow-up.
- Initiates telephone calls and conference calls with internal and external contacts to clearly communicate information.
- Determine appropriate reports to be used for ad hoc client requests.
- Work closely with vendors and the reclamation centers to ship and track product to be returned to the vendor.
- Work closely with manager and other team members, performs special projects as required to maintain assigned accounts.
- High School diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of one (1) year experience in the logistics, manufacturing, trucking, or warehouse industry; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the responsibilities of this position
- 0-2 years experience
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to delegate and prioritize work.
- Bilingual a plus but not required
- 30 minute lunch, M-F
- Overtime potential
- Competent with Google Sheets
- Competent with Scanner, Fax, and basic office equipment
- Competent with Internet/company Websites/Informix
- Competent with Microsoft Suite
- Analytical Thinking/Reasoning: examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Customer Support Needs: Resolve issues in a timely manner
- Flexibility: Fast paced environment; maintain focus with frequent interruptions
- Attention to detail: Ability to identify correct product match to client
Problem solving: Ability to resolve box receipts with 0 to minimal information in a timely manner
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email correspondence
- Self-starter/motivated: Ability to prioritize work and accounts on a daily basis, with minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Regularly required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to ## pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Occasionally: Job requires this activity up to 33% of the time
Frequently: Job requires this activity between 33% - 66% of the time
Regularly: Job requires this activity more than 66% of the time
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As an Inmar Associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.