1st Shift Warehouse Lead
Bunzl USA, Inc.
The 1st Shift Warehouse Lead will assist warehouse staff in the timely and accurate receipt of inventory from domestic and international sources. The lead will also direct the necessary daily activities to ensure a safe working environment for all employees. In addition the lead will organize and focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that stresses effectiveness by improving processes as well as the efficiencies of department team members
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Assist team members in the timely and accurate assembly of customer orders, in preparation for shipment
- Provide a professional environment with relation to fellow team members, other department members and external customers
- Direct the necessary daily activities to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
- Organize and focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that stresses effectiveness by improving processes as well as the efficiencies of department team members
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced (i.e. operational, safety, administrative, etc.
- Maximize quality and productivity by understanding the expectations of the company and assisting the Warehouse Manager in evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience in warehousing required; previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (occasionally between 60 - 75 lbs) with or without reasonable accommodation for an entire shift)
- Must be able to work regularly at a height of up to 26 feet above the ground (with provided safety equipment/processes/training)
- Must be a self starter with the ability to multi task
- Possess excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using the AS400
- Possess strong PC skills in Word and Excel
- Capacity to effectively plan workload and staff assignments
Bunzl Denver's salary range: $20.000 - $27.00 per hour based on experience, education, and geographic location
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.