1st shift Warehouse Specialist – $18.50/hr. – 8:00am – 4:30pm M-F
Steel & Pipe Supply Co., Inc.
New Century, KS
What is a Warehouse Specialist?
Warehouse Specialists load and unload material (steel) from trucks and store it in our service centers using overhead cranes. By making sure every piece of steel is accounted for and in the right place, this position ensures that our customers get the right materials at the right time. This position helps the company create a culture of safety by following all safety policies and safe work practices.
What can you expect from the job?
- 1st Shift – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Exposure to the elements
- Dirty working conditions
- Moderately stressful and constantly changing work environment
- Lots of walking and standing – up to 8 hours a day
- Frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling of material up to 51lbs.
What are the requirements?
- Valid driver’s license
- 18+ years old
- Basic math skills
- Basic literacy for reading instructions and using hand tools
- Basic computer skills
Who does well in this position?
If you like working with your hands, you don’t mind a little dirt, and you prefer working with people, this may be a good position for you. As one of our team members says, “I was never a suit and tie kinda guy anyway.” Our best Warehouse Specialists are responsible, thorough, careful, and persistent. If this sounds like you, we want you to apply!
Pay and Benefits
- Starting pay of $18.50 an hour
- $520 quarterly retention bonus paid over your first 2 years
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus opportunity
Opportunity for merit increase every 90 days based on performance
- Annual holiday bonus based on company performance
- Opportunity to work overtime
- 401k retirement contribution matching – 50% company match up to 6% of your annual wages
- Company covers about 80% of the cost of medical insurance for you and your family
- Company covers 100% of the cost for a life-insurance policy
- Company covers 100% of the cost for both short and long-term disability insurance policies
- Children of long-term employees can apply for company scholarships
- Paid personal time available for use as it accrues (max of one week per year)
- One week of paid vacation after 6 months
- Two weeks of paid vacation after one year
What is Steel and Pipe Supply?
Steel and Pipe Supply buys steel and sells it to large customers that make products like farm equipment, powerline towers, storage tanks, frames for stadiums, and more. In addition to storing steel, some of our service centers process it – cut, bend, decoil, etc. – to make life easy for our customers. At the Kansas City Service Center, we’re a close-knit, open-minded family with a competitive streak that makes our warehouse a fun place to work.
What is it like to work at Steel and Pipe Supply?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO/AA Minorities/Female/Disabilities/Veterans