Plastic Extruder Operator

Polypore International, Inc.

Fowlerville, MI


The Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.


Company:

Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.

Job Description:

We are seeking a Plastic Extruder Operator with at least 3 years of experience to work nights 6pm to 6am on a 2-3-2 schedule. Direct hire position, base pay starts at $22+ an hour. Night shift additional premium pay $1.20 an hour, total pay $23.20 an hour for nights.

We are committed to a safe working environment and seeking someone that appreciates and contributes to safety. We offer a smaller company work atmosphere with each shift having around 20 employees.

If you have at least 3 years of experience as a Plastic Extruder Operator or similar plastic equipment in which your skills can easily transfer, please apply.

Job Tasks

  • Responsible for overseeing all extruder functions including change overs, start ups, steady state, shut downs focusing on safety and quality
  • Communicates clearly from shift to shift
  • Ability to perform in process material testing (melt flow, ash and moisture)
  • Utilizing proper and safe use of company supplied tools and equipment
  • Performs Daily PM’s (preventative maintenance) and housekeeping

Qualifications (Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)

  • High school Diploma or GED preferred
  • At least 3 years of plastic extrusion operating experience

Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel

  • Stands and walks continuously
  • Lifts/Carries 20 - 50 Lbs. frequently
  • Lifts/Carries 50 - 100 Lbs. with assistance occasionally
  • Reaches and bends frequently
  • Pushes/pulls occasionally
  • Able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
  • Able to wear required PPE
  • Able to work independently

Benefits

  • Direct Hire
  • Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (match up to 5%, plus an additional 3%, total 8%)
  • Paid time off – 48 hours PTO, 80 hours vacation per year to start
  • Pay increases based on performance and skills
  • Work boot stipend
  • Uniforms and uniform laundry service
  • Yearly Bonus eligible
  • Tuition Assistance

Click and apply through this posting or visit www.akplastics.com/careers.

About Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.

Asahi Kasei Plastics is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high performance, engineered polymers and chemically coupled polypropylene resins in North America. Our company encourages a dynamic employee culture focused on the pursuit of innovation. We challenge our employees to have fun and work hard when finding and making solutions for tomorrow's polymers.

#LI-MG1

As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.

ID:uDnQdo