2nd Shift CNC Machinist !! $3,000 sign-on bonus !!
Tini Aerospace, Inc.
At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource - our people. Join EBAD and you'll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
EBAD seeks a qualified candidate for the position CNC Machinist, reporting to the Machine Shop manager. The position is for 2nd shift and is located in Moorpark, CA.
The position is responsible for fabricating precision-machined parts by setting up and operating CNC machining center or lathe per work orders, routers, & blueprints. Parts are smaller in size. Most runs are short, 10 to 500 pieces.
- Ability to evaluate blue print and develop machining strategy
- Identify tooling to machine hardware.
- Assemble tooling used to machine hardware.
- Running first piece machine set-up ready for inspection.
- Verifying parts by using precision measuring equipment.
- Changing tools and offsets based in cutting conditions when running CNC.
- Using proper methodology and cutting tools to produce quality parts that adhere to production and quality standards.
- Set-up multiple spindle lathes with live tooling.
- Set-up 5 axis mills through 1st part machine set-up.
- Swiss Screw machine experience a plus
- Using proper feeds, speeds, and other cutting parameters based on work piece material such as aluminum, steel, stainless steel, titanium, cutting conditions, etc.
- Revising programs as needed based on engineering or production required changes.
- Participating in troubleshooting on CNC programming and production related issues on the shop floor.
- Be able to machine prototype hardware 1 off and/or production runs.
- Other similar or related duties as required.
- Deburr parts when necessary.
- Communicate clearly with opposite shift and leadership.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- 5 years minimum experience in multi axis CNC lathes and/or Mills.
- DMG DMU experience a plus
- Machine setup for complex hardware experience.
- 5 years minimum experience running manual machines mills and lathes with little to no supervision a plus:
- Experience machining material titanium, stainless, aluminum, plastics and other std aerospace materials.
- Experience operating CNC swiss type (screw machine) a plus.
- ESPRIT, Master Cam programming software experience a plus.
- Knowledge of GD&T, blueprint reading and inspection tools
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate technical instructions with engineering department.
- Work with little or no supervision, previous lead experience a plus.
- Minimum High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with others effectively in both written and verbal fashion.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $90,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.