2nd Shift -Finishing Utility – Class 3A
Master Woodcraft Cabinetry, LLC
Mount Jackson, VA
Cabinetworks Group is proud to be one of America’s most respected manufacturers of cabinets with more than three nationally recognized cabinetry brands such as KraftMaid, Merillat, and Quality Cabinets. We market thousands of different styles and products in a demanding marketplace where style and craftsmanship make all the difference.
Cabinetworks Group continually works at maintaining its world-class manufacturing operations by adopting continuous improvement principles, reducing waste and continuing to invest in people and technologies.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stain set ups, preparation of sealer and top coat, housekeeping of pump room, and inventory checks
- Responsible for solid and liquid waste removal and the proper disposal or storage of same
- Upkeep and organization of the Hazardous Materials Storage Shed, reporting for air emissions, weekly waste inventory and daily usage reporting
- Must be able to understand instructions whether they are written or verbal, and follow those instructions
- With proper training will be part of a team responsible for the complete set up and operation of all spray booths including quality checks.
- Must be able to mix finishes to insure proper color and be able to reproduce any color off line on any product we produce.
- Will perform routine maintenance and clean up to all finishing equipment.
- Will be responsible for the safe and proper disposal of waste and maintenance of required recordkeeping.
- Must be able to operate the pump room and perform any other tasks necessary for the success of the department
- Perform tasks required for the success of the department including filling in for other positions
- Complete work with accuracy and efficiency
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to work any shift as needed
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Work in a safe manner and as part of a team
- Self-starter who can work successfully without close supervision and as part of a team
- Two to three years of work experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Mechanical inclination
- Math and computer skills
- Ability to read/write/communicate in English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, climbing stairs, and pulling as well as be able to work with finishing materials, vapors or fumes
- May be required to frequently lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs as well as push/pull/maneuver fully loaded carts and 55 gallon drums
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Overtime is required, including weekends sometimes with little or no advance notice
- May be required to work a flexible schedule
- It is an essential function of this position that you report to work on a regular basis
ShiftShift 2 (United States of America)
Full or Part TimeFull time
Cabinetworks Group (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Cabinetworks Group is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish