2nd Shift Heavy Equipment Operator – Packard Rd. Niagara, NY
Niagara Packard Rd, NY
Who we are
For more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.
Through our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we’re leading the charge to a carbon-negative future—reducing, reusing, recycling and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.
Our differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology, facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world’s largest organizations to solve their most pressing environmental challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
All that we’re missing is you. Join us today!!
Diversity, inclusivity, engagement—these are the values that help us foster a strong sense of community within Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides opportunities for growth.
SIGN-ON BONUS - $2,000 (1/3 after 1 month, 1/3 after 6 months, 1/3 after 1 year)
Covanta Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental solutions across a wide range of industries, including heavy-light manufacturing, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, health and beauty, food, automotive, environmental consultants, municipalities, and other industrial manufacturers. Our services help solve some of the toughest challenges faced by these industries. Our mission is simple: To develop and deliver waste and risk elimination solutions that benefit our Clients, Community, and Environment.
CES offers our valued team members the following:
- Day-1 Benefits
- Industry-leading retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive & Rewards Program
- Round-the-clock support through our Health Advocate partnership
- Career development and Mentorship
- Educational assistance to help you invest in your future
- And much more
2nd Shift: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM with Weekend Availability
Safety and efficient processing of inbound waste in various forms, plant trash, material for solidification, green rubber shredding, and load outbound trailers to end disposal and processing facilities. The candidate is expected to be proficient in hazard recognition and resolution. Complete housekeeping of assigned area and facility-wide involvement of good housekeeping practices. Receive inbound material from liquid tankers, package trucks, compactors, and roll-offs into the designated areas. Process inbound material operating heavy equipment to include but not limited to track hoe, skid steer, forklift, vac truck, tanker trucks, roll-off trucks, walking floor trailers, dump trucks, pressure washers, shredders, various hand tools, and material handling equipment. Receive, weigh, unpack, empty, and label containers as necessary.
- Proficiency in hazard recognition and resolution.
- Complete housekeeping of assigned area and facility-wide involvement of good housekeeping practices.
- Receive inbound material from liquid tankers, package trucks, compactors, roll offs into the designated area.
- Process inbound material operating heavy equipment to include but not limited to track hoe, skid steer, forklift, vac truck, tanker trucks, roll-off trucks, pressure washer, shredders, various hand tools, and material handling equipment.
- Receive, weigh, unpack, empty, and label containers as necessary.
- Mixing of inbound waste streams, liquids, powders, sludges, etc. in preparation for the solidification process.
- Labeling and staging containers with product
- Take samples of powder and liquids to verify inbound waste characteristics
- Stage empty and full containers.
- Maintain satisfactory housekeeping standards,
- Complete daily equipment inspections, prepare equipment for maintenance
- Accurately completing shop floor paperwork in both written and electronic format
- Verifying the accuracy of quantity and quality of incoming deliveries
- Labeling every package and placing them in the designated area for processing
- Identifying and locating the correct products during waste processing
- Keeping a well-maintained and updated account of waste staged for processing or 10-day transfer.
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must follow all Safety Rules, Regulations, Operating Procedures, Corporate/Plant Policies and Laws at all times
- Hands-on waste experience with the operation of track hoe, skid steer, forklift, vac truck, tanker trucks, roll-off trucks, pressure washer, shredders, various hand tools, and material handling equipment is preferred.
- Must be safety conscious, reliable, and have a strong work ethic
- Be willing to work any shift and frequent overtime.
- Must be computer literate and have good math skills
- Must be willing to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including chemical suit, respirator, face shield, hard hat, steel-toed boots, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, detail-orientation, and prioritization skills.
- Effectively work in a team setting.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug test, and background check
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and working within confined spaces; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The expected hourly pay rate for this position is $22.00.
This is a good-faith estimate of what we expect to pay for this position. The final salary figure will take into account a variety of factors, including experience, ability and location. Covanta is committed to delivering its staff equitably, and these ranges should not be considered career salary limits or caps.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo