2nd Shift Plant Maintenance
Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
Plant maintenance/mechanic position is responsible for preventative maintenance, repair of aggregate plant processing equipment. As a plant maintenance/mechanic you may perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping and various other shop or processing duties.
Shift Hours: Start time between 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by Production
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment and repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment.
- Able to work on conveyors, gearboxes, pumps and screens.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog process is completed and prioritized with Plant Manager.
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and to run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Duties may include checking, repairing or replacing pumps.
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance services, lubrications services are completed according to Maintenance Module.
- Trains and coaches other employees on maintenance practices
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience working with plant equipment is preferred, particularly in an aggregates operation.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required
- Must have working knowledge of heavy equipment, welding, cutting, and general mechanics
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Willing and able to use shovel when required
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to work from elevated platforms
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
*Position includes a night differential.ID:uDnQdo