2nd Shift Production Craftsman
Wausau Supply Co.
West Branch, MI
Paid Hourly with OT premium after 40 hours!
+ 3 weeks paid vacation within the 1st year
+ 9 paid holidays
+ 100% Employee Owned
+ Employee Stock Ownership Program – Employer funded average retirement contribution of up to $4 per hour
+ 401K Retirement Fund - Additional opportunity for employee to contribute
+ Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term/ Long Term Disability
+ Opportunity for advancement
+ Employee Material Purchase Program
Wausau Supply Co. distributes building materials from the industry’s leading manufacturers to authorized retailers from the Great Lakes to the western Rocky Mountains. Our territory continues to expand as we continuously strive to meet the demands of our customers with eighteen distribution centers and five fabrication and finishing facilities.
Summary:The Taylor Production Craftsman is responsible for the consistent preparation, finishing, and assembly of our product to meet the highest quality expectations of our customers. It is the responsibility of the Production Craftsman to be aware of all production goals and anticipate problems that could impact long term goals, including quality control and establishing high standards of workmanship. In order to be effective, an individual must be fluent with communication and it is imperative that positive relations with all internal levels of the organization remain uncompromised.
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principals of safety for self and others into daily activities.
- Develops and maintains a clean, safe working environment and ensures participation in safety programs and required training.
- Safeguards Company property while maintaining acceptable level of productivity.
- Reads work-orders and performs work as assigned by management team
- Attach appropriate labels, documents, tags to products and/or packages
- Maintain production pace, while meeting daily production goals
- Use of, but not limited to, table saws, miter saws, shaper, routers, various hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, and CNC controlled machinery.
- Prepare, finish, or assemble various components needed for the end product to be built.
- Use a shop management work flow software, including hand-held scanners, to facilitate the electronic movement of work orders, inventory, and other production critical parts through the production process.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and encourages team effort
- Performs other duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of department, team and/or company mission
Production Positions Demonstrates Ability to:
- Ability to communicate effectively, define problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions with all levels of the organization and team
- Being observant, able to identify issues, stop and correct the issue
- Ability to read paperwork, interpret instruction and exercise good judgment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Demands / Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand/bend-twist/lift/walk for long periods of time
- Work 10 hour shifts minimum
Reports to: Supervisor
Conclusion: These positions will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an ESOP owner, acting with honor, integrity, and positivity is imperative. The Production Craftsman’s prime objective is to ensure quality standards remain uncompromising.ID:uDnQdo