2nd Shift Truck Driver
Wayne Farms, LLC
Elkin Feed Mill, NC
Hours primarily from 2:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Primarily responsible for exercising safe driving practices ensuring the safety of the public. Responsible for operating commercial motor vehicle transporting live poultry from growers to the processing facility in a safe and secure manner. Responsible for compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) safety rules and regulations; and all company policies; and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Comply with all Department of Transportation regulations.
- Perform and document pre-trip inspection (i.e. tires, oil, fuel, lights, breaks, hoses, etc.).
- Assist with loading and unloading trailer as necessary.
- Ensure secure load before movement.
- Maintain proper documentation (i.e. equipment, time, trips, weight, etc.).
- Clean and wash truck as necessary.
- Report truck and equipment maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Comply with all DOT safety rules and regulations, all company policies, and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid Class A CDL with 1 year verifiable satisfactory driving record.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation, State and Federal Laws.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate.
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous live poultry tractor trailer driving experience.
- Basic math functions and skills.
- Follow Department of Transportation, State and Federal laws, and company safety policies and programs.
- Wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Work in outside environment (including inclement weather) on a daily basis.
- Sit and drive for up to 10 hours, and climb in and out of truck cab throughout shift.
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Work around raw, live animal odors.
- Work in noisy environment (>85 decibels) and moving equipment.
- Work nights, weekends, holidays and long shifts.