Cleaver-Brooks is a wonderful and innovative company who appreciates the hard work our employees put forth every day. We are searching for someone to join our team as a 3D Drafter and are specifically looking for someone who has had previous experience in this field. You will prepare and maintain relatively complex mechanical drawings using conventional drafting and 3-dimentional techniques, as well as use a working knowledge of drafting and manufacturing systems and processes. Creates models and mechanical drawings for boiler system layouts from written specification and verbal instructions from engineers; collaborates with drafting leads on boiler system layout. If you feel you possess the capabilities for this position, then take the first steps to becoming part of our team by applying on our website!
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Inventor and/or Plant 3D, Solidworks, SmartPlant, or similar is acceptable.
- Generates/prepares new standards. Identify/implement needed changes to standards.
- Makes mathematics computations using standard formulas/calculates dimensions, allowances and technical specifications.
- Must possess high level of accuracy to detail.
- Recognizes need for and performs computer design customizations.
- Must possess thorough and relevant product knowledge.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prepares the project drawings and documentation for good Engineering practices, company standards, and customer specifications.
- Evaluates design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established policies to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Apply intellect, creativity, adaptability, judgment, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- AAS Degree in Technical field preferred: Mechanical Drafting, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Design.
- 0 - 5 years mechanical / piping background, AutoCAD Inventor and/or Plant 3D drafting experience preferred, Solidworks, SmartPlant or Pro-E w/PDM industry experience preferred.
Physical Skill and Effort:
- Work requires highly skilled, precise, complicated, rapid and closely coordinated manual skill.
- Work involves fairly light and simple types of physical exertion.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
- Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions.
- From time to time, slightly disagreeable features; negligible/little or no exposure.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and voluntary long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.
Who is Cleaver-Brooks?
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
Qualified applicants: Apply online at www.cleaverbrooks.com, click on “Careers”, then on the link to “Cleaver-Brooks Careers”, then on “3D Drafter – Lincoln, NE” and apply.
Cleaver-Brooks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.ID:uDnQdo