3rd Shift Crew Member
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the 3rd shift Production Crew Member position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
WE OFFER $20.00/HOUR PLUS $1.25 SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL TO START!
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
The VBoard Crew Member will accumulate, count & pack goods produced on the VBoard Machine. Inspect all good as they come off the line for proper lamination, pieces sticking together, correct length and general appearance of printing. Help to produce the finest quality product at rates and standards consistent with the Company’s desire to be a Preferred Supplier of cost effective, top quality products.
- Produce product at targeted production rates and waste goals.
- Set a safe & steady sped that targets scheduled need, productivity and waste goals.
- Plan & set up correct paper, footage, caliper and width to operate machine for corresponding customer orders.
- Read & understand computer-based production scheduling system & customer expectations.
- Supply appropriate type & amount of paper.
- Constantly monitor & act upon quality and inform the machine adjuster and others.
- Pack product in quality manner per packing standards.
- Have proper skids ready for start-ups. Build, band, stack and wrap skids to customer specifications.
- May require working up to 12 hour shifts to cover for vacations and other absences.
- Assist in all phases of Plant machine operations (including Legacy) as needed for breaks, vacations, changes or special projects.
- Keep up to date with any ongoing machine improvements.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Foster an attitude of lean thinking, sustain improvements and follow lean initiatives.
- All other duties as required by Production Supervisors or Management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organizations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Persons hired are required to be available to work Sunday - Thursday 3rd shift –10:15 PM to 6:15 AM. Overtime is also required which can include 12 hour shifts, some Saturdays and occasionally Sundays. May move to other shifts as needed for training or business needs.