3rd Shift Mechanic/Operator, Maintenance 301
Sunsweet Growers, Inc.
Under direction of Supervisor, responsible for the installation, modification, operation, repairs, and preventive maintenance of equipment plus break relief/support for machine operators. Must be capable, with minimal supervision, of responding to and diagnosing equipment malfunctions and breakdowns, making required adjustments and repairs, and/or coordinating adjustments. Must complete written reports as required.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and report on production and plant equipment malfunctions and breakdowns. Make necessary repairs or adjustments of malfunctioning equipment with minimal supervision.
- Perform initial and routine machine set-ups and changeovers.
- Working from engineering drawings or instructions, installs, relocates, or modifies plant equipment.
- Operate equipment and provides break relief/support as required or instructed.
- Performs preventive maintenance and reports accomplished PM duties to supervisors.|
- Fabricate, assemble, and install parts and equipment utilizing various hand or power tools. Must be capable of operating tools such as grinders, sheet metal shears/brake, drill press, saw, welders, etc.
- Assists in training of maintenance staff and machine operators as requested.
- Works closely with electricians in installation, modification, and repair of plant equipment.
- Assists with the identification of required spare parts and maintains inventories through communication with
- Parts Department.
- Operates forklift and ensures materials necessary to perform job efficiently and safely are available.
- Operates CIP systems or cleaning equipment to maintain sanitary Facility and Maint. Shop environment.
- Must be experienced in computer and PLC usage and operations.
- Must have an understanding of maintenance procedures, parts, fabrication/welding, and repairing production and/or Plant equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must pass company-paid physical. Must be able to move up to 50 lbs. frequently, 70 lbs. occasionally.