3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator-Avon, OH
Griffith Foods, Inc.
For more than half a century, we’ve focused on a single mission at Custom Culinary®: to create the finest-quality, most authentic bases, sauces and gravies for our foodservice and food processing customers. Developed by our culinary specialists to deliver made-from-scratch taste and inspired results in just minutes, our products bring exceptional aroma, flavor and consistency to all your signature dishes. True Taste begins with Custom Culinary®.CUSTOM CULINARY
Por más de medio siglo, en Custom Culinary® nos hemos concentrado en una sola misión: crear las bases, salsas y aderezos más auténticos y de mejor calidad para nuestros clientes de la industria alimentaria. Desarrollados por nuestros especialistas culinarios para ofrecer un sabor elaborado a partir de cero y resultados inspirados en cuestión de minutos, nuestros productos aportan un aroma, un sabor y una consistencia excepcionales a todos sus platos. El verdadero sabor comienza con Custom Culinary®.
Job Title: Packaging Machine Operator
Reports To: 3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Location: Avon, OH
Number of openings: 2
Differential: Yes, $2.00
Summary: Responsible for set-up, operation, and clean-up of Form-Fill-and Seal Machine, conveyors, metal detectors, and Pail/Cup Line according to the specifications of that day’s production.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret production schedules in order to accurately pack Finished Goods
- Disassemble, clean, re-assemble and operate all packaging equipment
- Disassemble, clean, re-assemble sanitary piping, conveyors, and associated line components
- Set-up equipment according to production schedule
- Clean Chill Tanks and Packaging Room
- Sample product for weight control and record data
- Complete all training defined and made available for the current assigned role. Responsible for attending all training made available assuring full understanding of the training and have the ability to perform trained activities.
- Responsible for the coordination and review of specific functional area BRC criteria. Ensure BRC protocols are implemented and audited as required. Provide employee training as needed. Ensure Food products meet safety, quality and legal requirements.
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
· Education and/or Experience
GED/HS Diploma Preferred.
· Communication Skills
It is essential to have excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to read and follow written work instructions.
· Mathematical Skills
Must have basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
· Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Other Qualifications
Must be able to complete company’s Forklift Certification program
§ While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extremely cold and hot temperatures and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Odor present in the environment. Employee must have NO allergies to food. Employee must have NO allergies to basic cleaning chemicals.
§ While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to safely use an electric pallet jack and forklift.
Apply online at https://globalus59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/griffith/
EOE – Vet/Disability
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability