3rd Shift Production Manager
"We connect science to life for a better future."
LG Chem - Leading the Chemical Industry in Korea (http://www.lgchem.com)
LG Chem endeavors to become a 'Global Top 5 Chemical Company' with a balanced business portfolio that has a competitive advantage across the globe, including business divisions in petrochemicals, advanced materials, life sciences, and a subsidiary specializing in batteries.
Uniseal, Inc., an LG Chem Company, serves automotive manufacturers and top tier suppliers worldwide. We are a key supplier of sealants and adhesives. We are headquartered in Evansville, IN, where we have two facilities (Uhlhorn St. and Grove St.). Uniseal was founded by a team determined to help shape the future of the adhesive industry through the development of new, innovative products that solved problems. Our innovative spirit and the goal we embraced over 50 years ago continues to permeate our company today. We are committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of positions. Our culture features an inclusive workplace environment and dedication to professional development.
Uniseal offers a very competitive compensation package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision (average of over 70% Medical premiums paid for by company!)
- Hourly pay plus Incentive for Grove St. Mixing
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for local gyms
- 401k Retirement plans with generous employer match
- Vacation, Holidays, and Paid Time Off for volunteer work
This will be a 3rd shift position. 3rd shift is 11:00pm - 7:30am (Sunday night - Friday morning). Occasional overtime may be required.
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Uhlhorn Street, Evansville, IN
The Production Manager is responsible for scheduling, shipping and manufacturing activities on 3rd shift. The Production Manager is responsible for safety, productivity, quality, housekeeping and team member relations in Production. In addition, he or she is responsible for any other task the Plant Manager deems necessary.
- Educate team members in efficient manufacturing techniques
- Communicate recommendations and changes to all personnel via Workstation Instruction Sheets, memos and meetings
- Provide feedback to the Plant Manager regarding the capability of operators and potential operators
- Ensure efficient manufacturing techniques are maintained
- Review damaged tooling and take appropriate measures
- Review production schedule daily. Work with Scheduling to ensure efficient use of machines, personnel, and materials
- Provide corrective actions for problem parts
- Submit new and/or reactivated gages and calibration standards to Gage Control
- Print and review operation reports
- Assign team members to their work assignments by the schedule of priorities
- Perform evaluations of team members
- Approve team member hours in ADP daily.
- Provide medical attention to injured team members
- Determine Hold Ticket errors, have team members sign if in error, and initial if error is less than 5%
- Issue warning notices to team members and terminate as required
- Interview applicants for employment
- Ensure acceptable levels of housekeeping and organization are maintained
- Collect personal gages from departing team members
- Uphold ISO-14001 program and fulfill any specified responsibilities within
- Ensure shipments are prepared and shipped, as needed
- Review and initial Hold Tickets
- Perform 7S Audits
- Verify shipping accuracy for after hour shipments made by non-shipping personnel
- Serve as member of H3/Lean Committee
- Perform daily standard work audits
- Review daily weigh up audits
- Approve batch by batch boards
- Maintain team member training records
- Complete Level II Layered Process Audits
- Serve as back-up Layered Process Auditor in group leader absence
- Ensure all direct reports complete al assigned training on time.
- Serve as the designated SAFETY ENGINEER for other plant and shift. Serve as the backup for the
- Safety Engineer for other plant and shift. Safety Engineer tasks include the following:
- Daily site patrol for EHS compliance including checking of high risk equipment/ process/ work activities
- Notification and participation when risk assessments and/or management of change (MOC) is needed
- Participate in response to internal and external audit findings which may include performing
- Audits or participation of response plans.
Production Manager Metrics:
- Company-wide Injury Rate
- Customer Complaints
- Internal PPM
- External PPM
- Errors (PPM)
- Mixing Grove St. Labor % of Sales
- Lost Time Accident Rate
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong training skills
- Time management skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in adhesive manufacturing
- Three to five years of industrial manufacturing experience directly supervising people.
- Experience using continuous improvement tools such as lean manufacturing.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to:
- Lead and facilitate teams and promote teamwork in the organization
- Lead, manage and sustain change
- Coach others
- Solid data analysis and decision– making abilities
- Strong trouble shooting skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires exposure to manufacturing environment operations, such as moving equipment, noise, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
Please visit: www.uniseal.com to learn more about our company.
Uniseal, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.