3rd Shift QA Product & Process Technician
We are trying to find a smart and collaborative Quality Assurance Technician to join our Engineering team. You will report to the Quality Assurance Manager and be expected to assist QA Engineers and area primary QA Technician with various tasks (including statistical data analysis, initiating Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), processing customer/vendor complaints, coordinating production trials & maintaining effective quality controls).
If you love great benefits, a stable work environment and want to accelerate your career growth significantly by linking up with an established international company, we would love for you to apply.
This is an opportunity for you to really make a difference. For the ideal candidate this would represent a career move that involves a job stretch (bigger job), increased satisfaction (doing more satisfying work with more impact) and job growth (being in a situation that offers more upside potential).
Here are some of the things you will be expected to accomplish:
- Tests & inspects products at various stages of the production process
- Support production by performing process, product & component failure analysis
- Initiate gauge design, gauge program corrections & optimizations as needed
- Conduct statistical data analysis either as directed by Quality engineer or independently when needed to complete an assignment
- Assist QA-Engineers in processing customer, internal or supplier complaints either as directed by Quality engineer or independently
- Processes non-conforming material thru NMR/MOQH or RGA-Process
- Coordinates production trials for new or improved components & new or optimized manufacturing assembly processes
- Trains various groups on quality management system & product quality
- Ensures non-conforming material is processed properly
- Proposes changes/optimizations to Manufacturing Specifications, Product Drawings, Test Methods & Purchase Acceptance Standards (PAS) via ECR’s
- Works a 3rd shift schedule Sunday - Thursday 11pm to 7am
Ideally, having a minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an international company or a subsidiary of an international company will help you take on these new and challenging assignments.
Additional requirements for this position include:
- 4 year apprenticeship program within technical field & ASQ-CQT certification is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Ability to communicate information & ideas while speaking or writing so others will understand
- Ability to listen, read & understand information/ideas presented by others
- Coordination of activities & management of one’s time & the time of others to achieve daily goals
- Obtaining, integrating & reporting data in a clear & efficient way
- Ability to use computers & their applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photo editing software, Lotus Notes (e-mail & databases), QA Document Management, Q-Navigator (quality documentation archive), BDK, DDA (digital drawing archive), SAP, BAU-CICS (complaint system), qs-Stat (statistical software), BBA (requisitions software
- Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods & services
- Can use precision measuring devices, inspection equipment, read/interpret blueprints and calculate English/Metric conversions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to teach others complex information in an efficient & effective way
- Effective at gathering information through interviews and other probing methods
- Able to adapt to an international company culture
- Limited US/International travel may be required for training purposes
Blum USA believes in offering their employees an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Hourly position
- Possible bonus opportunities
- Health (Medical and Dental)
- 401(k) with employee matching
- Flexible spending account to cover eligible out of pocket health, dental and vision expenses
- Three weeks of vacation starting your second year on the job
- Term life insurance equal to annual salary at no cost to employee
- And more!
For more than 60 years Blum has been manufacturing superior quality hinge systems, drawer runners, and lift systems that create emotion and enhance user convenience in the kitchen. With every product, we strive to develop solutions to ensure that cabinet doors and drawers open with ease, close softly and effortlessly, and make workflow and everyday kitchen use easier.
Over the decades our product range has grown and so has the company. Today, Blum has seven production plants in Austria, and manufacturing sites in Brazil, Poland and the United States. Approximately 8000 Blum employees all over the world concentrate on the vision of “perfecting motion” to satisfy the specific requirements of the end user, whether it is in the kitchen or in another living area of the home. This prerequisite is the source of all our product development and innovation.