A6: Quality Assurance Technician: 2nd
Shifts: 3rd shift
Hourly: $24.05 - $28.95 DOE
Location: Anaheim, CA
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service **
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Summary: The Quality Assurance Technician conducts quality assurance audits of beverage production products assuring company and customer standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Compliance with applicable standards such as FSMA, Safe Quality Foods (SQF), third party audits, Kosher, and Organic requirements. Consults with management to resolve quality, production, and efficiency problems. Functions as an information resource to various departments when special and critical quality issues occur.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Daily operation of equipment which includes Refractometer, pH Meter, Densitometer, Timer, Water bath, Calibrated Thermometer, Zahm Nogel, NoScale, High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC,) and all other related equipment.
- Standardizes equipment prior to use, ensures reagents and other materials are available.
- Performs analysis on products to ensure compliance to customer and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Performs processing system (line checks) on a timely basis to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Collect and stores retention samples.
- Provide production assistance in product audits.
- Ensures that all products not meeting specified attributes are segregated and held for further review and disposition.
- Quality testing of temperature of finished product.
- Ensure that all-pertinent analytical results are entered into the data collections system in a timely basis, immediately informs supervision of any deviations.
- Review inventory of lab materials and reagents at close of shift to ensure subsequent shifts have adequate supplies.
- Passes on pertinent information to the following shift.
- Perform hold and disposition of out of grade product.
- Provide training to QA Technicians.
- Participate in Quality System audits.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative testing of beverages, syrups, and raw materials through production process.
- Analyze syrup beverage and/or water attributes.
- Audit container rinsers, air blowers, filters, and coders to ensure proper operation standards are met.
- Conducts tests for allergens.
- Conduct packaging audits and quality inspection of products during production runs and final finished products.
- Determines or verifies Brix, Acid, Asorbic Acid, pH, Flavor and/or Color of products.
- Verifies or determines fill levels and weight of products.
- Perform caffeine, sorbic acid, and benzoic acid testing of products.
- Participate and contribute to the Quality Management System Programs including Food Safety.
- Perform cleaning tasks during the shift, at the end of the shift and at shutdowns.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Conduct swabbing and Allergan Control Test (ATP) swab.
- Participate in Safety inspections.
- Other duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Work scheduled shift, weekends, and extended hours as required.
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Mathematical skills, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, averages, ratios, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Familiarity with lab safety and handling of hazardous materials.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Degree, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or Equivalent., required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science related field preferred.
- 1-year relevant experience preferably in Production or Manufacturing environment, preferred
- Or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food or Beverage industry experience is a plus.
Language Skills: English is required. Spanish is a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or squat. The employee must regularly lift, pull and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift, pull and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high places, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat.