ABM-Area Business Manager INI IIPC ABM DERM West
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues can grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and can impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives. An integral part of Migraine Team’s mission is to bring breakthrough therapy for patients suffering from migraine.
Pfizer is advancing in Neuroscience, and we are committed to providing breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. An integral part of the Migraine Team’s mission is to promote a breakthrough therapy for patients suffering from migraine.
The Area Business Manager (ABM) is responsible for motivating, managing and developing a high performing team of sales professionals, driving understanding of relevant policies and guidance and advancing a culture of excellence. The ABM will be responsible for the supervision and leadership of 9-12 representatives within the area assigned, sales performance of the business portfolio of products, and business knowledge of the area landscape to assess key stakeholders plus future trends within the business marketplace. This position will require regular coaching and observation of Neuroscience Health & Science Professionals and frequent customer contact as well as the development of a strong, effective partnership with marketing and channel colleagues. The ABM will report to the Regional Business Director.
- The ABM is responsible for supervising operations of the District to include hiring, coaching, representative development, performance management, and manages 9-12 Neuroscience Health and Science Professionals (HSP).
- Ensure full compliance of selling activities for oneself and the team and ensure legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Possess strong presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills and models a professional and polished impression
- Ensure colleagues receive development opportunities to maintain engagement and support their career growth
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the District, business plan, and overall responsibility for budgets at district level in alignment with expectations
- Plans, organizes, and monitors performance to achieve the business potential of the District
- Ensuring effective utilization of promotional material, measuring efficient implementation of the plans in the field
- Proactive data analysis to identify market trends
- Collaborates, identifies, & motivates key account development and opportunities that impact Area/National business
- Build relationships with customers (including KOLs) and key stakeholders (including members of the District and Area Management Teams, Channel Partners, and other cross-functional partners) and utilizes content appropriately for engagement
- Consistently model high knowledge and the ability to engage customers in a clinical conversation
- Understands and champions the value of cross-functional collaboration to deliver on customer needs, while ensuring that compliance guardrails are respected by HSP
- Coaches HSPs on seamlessly connecting cross-functional colleagues to address customer needs utilizing digital tools
- Collaborates, identifies, and partners with Marketing in the development of the key strategies, business imperatives and objectives during the Op Plan process
- Able to expertly operate digital and virtual tools/platforms
- Maintains growth and entrepreneurial mindset
- Works with all members of District to coach and counsel on improvement of performance and skill execution of selling skills, product knowledge, and capabilities needed for successful HSP development
- Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant; has complete understanding of all relevant compliance policies and processes; escalates issues, as necessary, and ensures appropriate commitment to integrity within their team
- Applies situational leadership skills employing multiple and interactive methods of coaching across all engagement types to strengthen HSP capabilities
- Builds strong team culture, colleague engagement, and morale
- Promotes a feedback culture and continuous improvement mindset in team to assess quality of customer experience
- Establish team goals and hold team members accountable
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience with at least 3-5 years spent in a position with demonstrated leadership across Peer and Customer Groups.
- Ability to develop and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver on Pfizer business imperatives
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications
- This position will require travel, including overnight travel, as needed to develop internal and external relationships
- Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of people management experience preferred
- Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred
- Cross-functional collaboration mindset to facilitate “One Pfizer” commitment to customer
- Feedback culture mindset, to proactively identify areas of improvement with new Rep 2.0 responsibilities
- Additional digital, Legal and Compliance training to ensure personal adherence, as well as leadership by example for team adherence (incl. contracting permissions/guidelines)
- Model/leader for change, agility, and adaptability
- Enhanced competency level on virtual and digital tools/platforms for customer engagement, team management, and collaboration
- Data-driven resource management to ensure proper channel deployment
- Demonstrated ability both to think strategically and to execute flawlessly to deliver results
- Strong track record of collaborative and motivational leadership and internal stakeholder management skills
- Enterprise thinking; anticipates consequences
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Product launch experience
- Experience in Specialty Sales
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel to all Representatives within District as well as Area/National Meetings, as required
- Depending on size of District/Area and business need, candidates may be required to stay overnight as necessary
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.