Account Manager – Best Buy
Field Sales, MN
You know the moment. It’s the first notes of that song you love, the intro to your favorite movie, or simply the sound of someone you love saying “hello.”
It’s in these moments that sound matters most. At Bose, we believe sound is the most powerful force on earth. We’ve dedicated ourselves to improving it for nearly 60 years. And we’re passionate down to our bones about making whatever you’re listening to a little more magical.
About the Global Sales team
The Global Sales team connects Bose with people who share our belief that sound is the most powerful force on earth. Through collaboration with external retail partners and internal strategic partners, Sales helps deliver Bose products to people who share in our passion for sound. This role will be a part of a team charged with delivering meaningful sales results for large & strategic accounts.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an Account Manager who will have sales responsibility for the Best Buy business. As the Account Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and managing sales growth with the Best Buy channel.
In this role you will identify and formulate plans to unlock the best audio experiences at the leading electronics retailer. This role will have responsibility for two categories (Home Theater & Portable Speakers) assorted at Best Buy within the Bose consumer audio portfolio. To be successful in this role, the candidate will be a strong communicator, collaborator, financially proficient & strike the right balance between qualitative and quantitative inputs to make decisions.
This role is a remote eligible role, although there is a preference for the Account Manager to be in the Minneapolis, MN area given Best Buy’s US headquarters location.
- Develop and execute an Annual Operating Plan to attain organizational, team and account goals and objectives.
- Own & deliver key performance metrics (sales, profit, account receivables, return on investment) for assigned accounts.
- Daily partnership and collaboration with Bose Sales Team & Best Buy Cross Functional Team to effectively manage priorities of the Best Buy business.
- Manage key relationships within Best Buy focusing on growth of our strategic relationship delivering both short-term and long-term joint business plan objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate internally with cross functional resources to enable Bose to meet defined key performance metrics. This includes addressing account needs and ensuring timely resolution and communication.
- Deliver analytics, insights, and communication internally and externally to consistently assess the performance of the business.
- Coordinate key account sales activities with marketing support for the Best Buy channel.
- Work with internal teams to align reseller strategies with Bose strategic priorities driving efficiencies in supply chain, forecasting, marketing, and retail operations.
- Partner with Best Buy and internal demand planning team to develop and deliver high confidence sales forecasts by analyzing sales data, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing changes to drive revenue growth.
- Own and document competitive information at the account level to enable insights.
Skills & Competencies:
- Delivers Results - demonstrated ability and track record of delivering defined sales results at strategic, high revenue accounts.
- Negotiation skills – effective negotiation skills with the ability to leverage plans in a persuasive, mutually beneficial fashion, and influence at multiple levels.
- Analytical Orientation - relentless understanding of business results and insights using data and analytics to develop and execute short-term and long term-growth plans.
- Foster strong relationships – history of establishing and building powerful connections externally and internally.
- Best Buy Experience – deep knowledge of Best Buy's business model and systems, along with proven track record of results partnering with Best Buy.
- Strong financial acumen with P&L management experience - proficiency in managing all aspects of investments for assigned accounts.
- Action Oriented - proven history of acting decisively to meet needs of the business.
- Polished Communicator – strong communication skill across all elements (written, presentation, in person engagements and virtual meetings).
- Team Player – ability to work across teams, functions, and all levels of the organization to manage the business effectively and efficiently.
- 10-12 years of account management sales experience with proven track record of delivering results
- Account management experience working with Best Buy
- Demonstrated ability to deliver defined sales results at strategic, high revenue/high visibility accounts
- BA required in Business or Marketing related discipline
What We Offer
“My vision is for each and every one of us to be able to work in a climate that allows individuals to reach their fullest human potential.” – Dr. Amar Bose, Founder
To realize that vision, we are constantly evolving our culture to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives, facilitates inclusivity, and prioritizes personal and professional growth. This drives innovation which, at Bose, is amplified when everyone experiences a collective sense of belonging and feels valued for who they are. Each of us, no matter what level, role, or function, plays an active role in helping us innovate. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, development opportunities, and comprehensive and flexible benefits that support our employees and their families. In an increasingly competitive global market, inclusivity is, now more than ever, critical to success.
Base compensation for this role is expected to be between $135,000.00 and $150,000.00. Actual pay may be higher or lower depending on a number of permissible factors under applicable law, including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performanceBose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. ID:uDnQdo