EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Account Manager
The Account Manager is accountable for the overall financial performance (P&L) and senior level customer relationship of assigned accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, achieving/exceeding revenue and margin targets, maintaining and improving client satisfaction, retention and account expansion. In conjunction with the General Manager or Account Director, this position will help develop and execute strategic direction and be accountable for implementation. Account Managers provide indirect leadership and work in partnership with internal stakeholders (Operations, Procurement, and Finance) to ensure all services are completed in accordance with contractual requirements and all customer and service provider issues are addressed in a timely manner. Must be able to travel 40% or more of the time and have strong financial acumen and analytical abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Account Management. Will regularly meet with clients to discuss performance results, operations reviews, work management process reviews, benchmarking reviews, etc.; monthly and quarterly meetings will be used to evaluate performance results and address issues and overall business objectives.
- Account Manager will communicate with appropriate client point of contacts (POCs) as required based on situation
- Review work requests that approach the monetary spending limit and escalate requests (with estimate) that exceed the limit to the client
- Create & execute appropriate plans and programs to meet and/or exceed the client objectives within the account(s)
- Set the strategic direction and implementation of business initiatives at the local/National market level
- Establishing goals and performance criteria and measurement processes to proactively manage the business
- Responsible for cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and compliance to business standards
- Represent the organization including managing the business relationships as well as forging of strategic alliances in assigned area
- Strategic planning of current and future client contracts including assessing alternatives and understanding future customer requirements to ensure adequate future growth and development in assigned area
- Pursue account growth opportunities; expand scope of work or service lines to improve account profitability
- Ensure effective customer satisfaction, service and relations by implementing processes and technology to deliver quality products and services
- Create a consistent operational image, implementing account wide initiatives and producing a quality product in accordance with Company standards
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation throughout account(s)
- Lead customer retention/contract extension efforts
- Conduct routine visits with EMCOR Operating Companies and 3rdParty Suppliers to strengthen internal relations and enhance service execution in support of our clients
Business and Operations Planning. The Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring alignment with client overall objectives and performance metrics.
- Use a collaborative process to review each Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to document and trend performance, results and identify areas of improvement; create and oversee the implementation of associated action plans
- This position will lead company’s specific management strategy for each assigned account by developing a three (3) year timeline which includes operating and suggesting capital improvement
Scope Decisions. Identify best practices and KPIs that will be used to manage and evaluate account performance.
- Identify critical services that will be required and potential consequences should these services not be carried out in accordance with the Business Plan. The Business Plan shall also include a contingency plan for each of the critical services in the event they cannot be achieved
Service Level Agreements. Measuring performance is critical in our ability to continuously improve services. The Account Manager will drive the service levels across the portfolio, working closely with the client team to develop specific performance metrics that are based on business strategy and operational requirements. Ensure service meets or exceeds customer contractual requirements.
Monthly Reporting. The Account Manager will structure, prepare and analyze monthly reports to ensure strategic alignment and optimal delivery of service.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; MBA preferred
- Minimum of six (5) years Facilities Management, Operations experience, or Account management experience.
- Experience in Facilities Management is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must have multi-site/account experience, ability to identify best practices within industry and a proven ability to apply across multi-site/account scope
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 40% of the time within the continental US.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledID:uDnQdo