Accountant – San Lorenzo Plant
San Lorenzo, CA
This position reports to the Plant Controller and is responsible for budget and forecast expense planning and variance analysis as it relates to operations including labor, yields, material usage, overhead, and absorption. Manage and maintain cost standards and bills of material. Performance guidance and review with operations management, including LEAN, Continuous Improvement, and other initiatives.
This position may be responsible for any of the following duties: Processing hourly employee payroll which may include reviewing, analyzing timecards and closing payroll every Monday (Weekly basis). Entering/Deducting: Vacation payout, Holiday, Sick Leave, Birthday, Floating Holiday balances, Employee Deductions and Bonuses. Completing income verification for employees and issuing Workshare Forms for eligible Team members. Other responsibilities include processing historical edits, weekend pay, print checks, assisting in calculating figures for final checks, maintaining active and inactive employee files, preparing department reports, Union and U.S. Department of Labor reports; and any other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Manufacturing to determine savings associated with efficiency and other process improvements.
- Work with R&D/Marketing on new product launches. Provide product cost analysis for proposed new products and formulation changes.
- Provide budget product cost review/analysis support.
- Produce various weekly/period/quarterly analysis and variance reports for Plant Management review.
- Demonstrate Lean thinking and participate in Plant problem solving and Kaizen events.
- Track the flow of inventory through the SAP system. Work with manufacturing to ensure cycle counts are accurate and reconciliations of staging areas are complete.
- Participate in the monthly close process.
- Conduct quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley audits of various key controls.
- Complete accurate and timely payroll processing for all exempt, non-exempt and hourly employees. Verify, audit and maintain payroll reports generated by payroll service
- Analyze and administer changes in the Union Contract that impact payroll
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, preferred. In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Experience: 1+ years of manufacturing cost systems experience strongly preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
- Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP. Must have excellent Excel skills
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel and payroll information.
Estimated salary range for this position is $70,000-$85,000 annual.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.ID:uDnQdo