Accounting Intern – Boise, ID
J. R. Simplot Co.
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
As an intern in the Finance department at J.R. Simplot Company, you will support a large accounting team by assisting with various tasks and duties as assigned.
- Research and data entry
- Recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records
- Month-end and year-end preparation including pulling and analyzing reports and posting assigned journal entries
- Prepare and review weekly costing reports
- Have the opportunity to lead and report on large projects
- Enrollment in an Academic accounting program, from a nationally accredited educational facility/university and working toward an accounting degree having completed at least an Intermediate Accounting course.
- Must be at least a Junior or above in Accounting/Business program
- Ability to quickly learn routine computer applications.
- Self-starter with a working knowledge of excel
- Motivated to seek opportunities for growth and development
- Ability to communicate effectively with accountants and accounting managers within the Company.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Expected to work at least 20 hours per week during the school year.
Incumbents at this level are in a learning process. Detailed instructions are provided for work assignments. Work is routinely checked and supervisor is readily available to answer questions. Immediate supervision.
Job Requisition ID: 15596
Travel Required: None
Location(s): Simplot Headquarters - Boise
Country: United States
Wage range or rate of pay: (INSERT)/HR
The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (where applicable)
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance (where applicable)
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**