Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 9,000 employees at operations spanning 30 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Martin Marietta seeks an intern for our Central Division Finance/Accounting team. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about learning new skills and who possess a high drive to success and excellence. This role is not remote and candidate will be expected to come into the office on their scheduled work days.
- Purchase card testing
- Sarbanes-Oxley key control testing
- Scale ticket and invoice correction data analysis
- Pre-audit data mining for field audits
- Field audit visits to either district offices or quarries (would include either traveling with someone else or meeting another manager at destination)
You will gain exposure to, among others, the following software:
- Planning Analytics
- JD Edwards (ERP system).
- Accounting or Finance major student
- Prefer someone who has completed at least 2 years of coursework
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Knowledge of account reconciliations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be very detail oriented and strive for minimal errors
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills and analytical skills
- Strong time-management and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task, and produce accurate and timely results
Must be able to work effectively in both an individual and team environmentID:uDnQdo