The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records related to one of the US business (E+I). This position will also partner up with the various Finance and Business managers to support the business in critical processes and decisions in the day to day. The position will report to the Accounting Engineering, Senior Manager and will have between 10 and 12 team members reporting to him/her). Significant interaction with other departments, business disciplines and international operations will be required by this individual. This position would require 5% of travel within and outside the country.
- Monitor accounting activities and review related manual journal entries at month end close.
- Manage project accounting activities such as revenue & cost recognition and work in progress, unbilled and deferred revenue control.
- Manage accounts payables and receivables teams ensuring accuracy in processing, timely payments, collection, and accurate monthly reporting. Process and approve weekly check run and manage the cash flows.
- Work with the finance team on the review of major accruals (i.e. warranty, excess and obsolete, physical inventory, freight, among others).
- Review various financial statements analytics and provide explanations for related fluctuations as required.
- Provide business partnership support.
- Review monthly financial statements prior to promotion.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Assist with continuous improvements initiatives as required.
- Promote a positive working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in productivity, customer service, and quality.
- Actively participate and initiate process improvements to organizational processes.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors that supports continued growth and development and company mission and values.
- 6+ years of experience in a mixed of audit and accounting. Experience in Manufacturing is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Very proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, and financial software applications.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Confidence in challenging the status quo; always on the lookout for continuous improvement opportunities.
- The ability to go fast; the desire to help others go faster.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Experience with Oracle
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- BS/BA in accounting required. CPA or equivalent is preferred.
TRAVEL TIME REQUIRED
- 5% within and outside of the country.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv’s Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities.
OUR CORE PRINCIPALS: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [email protected]
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.ID:uDnQdo