Accounting & Office Administrator
Tague Lumber, Inc.
Tague Lumber has been in business since 1908 with locations in Philadelphia, Media, Phoenixville, Malvern, Kennett Square, Doylestown, and Oaks. We currently have five lumber yards, two showrooms, a custom mill, a production door shop, and a commercial door frame and hardware location. At Tague, we are not only dedicated to helping our customers with their building projects; we help our employees build their careers.
We are seeking an Accounting & Office Administrator for our Premier Door, Frame and Hardware location. The ideal candidate will be responsible for keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and processing Accounts Payable transactions. In addition, this role will be responsible for offering administrative and sales support to the Premier office as needed. The ideal candidate should be familiar with all accounting procedures and demonstrate a high level of integrity and independence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Financial responsibilities
- Process and record daily settlements.
- Replenish cash drawer, petty cash, and change drawer as needed.
- Coordinate the daily billing and distribute invoices to customers.
- Receive check payments, apply to customer accounts, and deposit.
- Match incoming supplier invoices to the corresponding purchase orders and stock receipts with all supporting documentation.
- Receive inventory into the system and match invoices to purchase orders.
- Scan and upload records into the Company’s document management system.
- Trips to the bank for change and cash deposits
- Participate in the annual physical inventory.
- Assist the Accounting staff as needed
- Administrative responsibilities
- Act as the receptionist for incoming phone calls
- Monitor office supply inventory and replenish as necessary.
- Assist HR in distributing, and providing employee assistance in, employee benefits, 401k; and other HR related documents.
- Coordinate UPS shipments
- Review, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Assist the site GM and office staff as needed
- Sales support responsibilities
- Learn the Premier business and product line
- Help manage open projects by tracking progress and ensuring deadlines are met
- Assist the sales staff as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferably with a background in billing or accounts payable.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong PC skills, including but not limited to experience working in an ERP system, Excel & Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional interactive and customer service skills are essential.
- Must possess a solid base in mathematics.
- Strong time management, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- A passion for quality and a results-driven approach are a must.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to pay profound attention to detail are essential.
- Experience working with subcontractors preferred.