Supervises all activities in the accounts payable function and ensures that the accounts payable and the company's financial obligations are met effectively and efficiently. Reviews processes to ensure adequate controls are in place.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations.
- Overseeing routine department activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time
- Monitors the work of a team of accounts payables clerks that code expenditures
- Verify and process invoices, as well as issue payments
- Upload checks to bank in support of Positive Pay requirements
- Verify amounts against purchase orders or other documents
- Researches discrepancies or missing payments
- Provides guidance and training to other members of the accounts payable staff.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance (or related field), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounts payable, accounting, or similar role with responsibility for data entry
- 2+ years’ prior management/supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable processes & procedures
- Advanced attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles and accounts payable procedures
- Leads and directs the work of other employees
- Advanced data entry skills
- Expert communication skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions. Excellent supervisory and analytical skills
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.