Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the entire accounts payable processing function, which includes completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Charge expenses to GL accounts using a chart of accounts, by obtaining invoice/expense approvals across multiple facilities.
- Pay vendors with a system matching process, verify federal ID numbers, resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, and/or payment discrepancies, ensure credits are received for outstanding memos if needed.
- Consistent follow up on invoices to ensure bills are paid timely and accurately, both internally and with vendors directly
- Review all vendor statements monthly to ensure outstanding invoices and credits are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Generate reports detailing AP status.
- Manage and maintain a filing system daily, monthly, and annually.
- General customer service; answering phones, taking over the phone payments, accepting UPS/FedEx packages and greeting in person visitors
- Use tact and interpersonal skills when handling outside customers, as well as internal employees, to achieve and maintain positive relationships.
- Protect the organization's value by maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Maintain a positive attendance record by demonstrating consistent and punctual attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Solid accounting and general math skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong data entry and general computer skills
- Ability to become proficient with financial software
- Ability to analyze data and information
- Ability to work against deadlines
- Reporting skills and the ability to research results
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and verbally
- A strong sense of teamwork and willingness to help teammates, as needed
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting and customer service experience, with a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- Experience and proven proficiency using MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Associates degree or accounting certification preferred