Accounts Payable Specialist
San Antonio Lighthouse For The Blind
San Antonio, TX
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides both administrative and financial support to the organization by processing payable transactions, and monitoring accounts payable functions to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Codes expense invoices with general ledger account numbers after obtaining appropriate payment approval documentation
- Data entry of expense and inventory invoices
- Reconciles packing slips with inventory invoices
- Communicates with suppliers and vendors to answer inquiries regarding payment and invoices.
- Prepares checks for payment; obtains appropriate authorization and signatures
- Posts manual checks
- Creates correspondence: routine letters, forms, and reoccurring reports using computer-based word processing/spreadsheet programs
- Maintains department records and files
- Collects and verifies invoices, bills, and checks; performs audits to ensure accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment
- Corresponds with vendors, maintains updated vendor profiles, and processes vendor checks
- Tracks expenses, processes expense reports, and prepares analyses of accounts
- Monitors account balances and related financial activity
- Assists with inventory
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College accounting courses preferred
- One to two years of experience in accounting, accounts payable and/or bookkeeping
- Knowledge of computers and A/P software including word processing, spreadsheets, and job-specific software
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ERP software is a plus
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to speak and write English
- Ability to use 10-key calculator by touch
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 5-10 pounds.
- Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis.