Accounts Receivable Manager
Heubel Material Handling, Inc.
Kansas City, MO
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Manager
Reports to: V. P. Finance
Lead the collections department, ensuring that cases are handled appropriately and according to company policy. Oversee a team of collection staff members to communicate with clients who owe money and increase the percentage of successful repayments. Foster team unity by building relationships while working closely with the team and fellow managers to continually reach department and company-wide business goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer credit and collection programs.
- Set and drive AR performance to establish business goals; regularly achieve DSO, cash flow and % current targets
- Oversee the investigation of credit risk customers and suppliers and advise on course of action.
- Design and implement processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables.
- Monitor and negotiate the collection of overdue accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely Cash Application Process
- Monitor credit and collection processes and operations; make recommendations on opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate activities of staff members to ensure a smooth and efficient department that reduces the number of cases that are overlooked.
- Oversee the collection of outstanding credit and invoices to minimize profit loss while ensuring it is handled appropriately and per company policy.
- Create and implement strategies to increase the number of successful collections on outstanding debt.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff members within the collections department to ensure a sufficient number of staff members are available to handle the workload.
- Develop goals that complement the overarching business goals of the company and coordinate staff to continually meet and exceed goals.
- Run reports and analyze data pertaining to the department and share with executive staff and managers of department staff as needed.
- Implement credit policies and procedures that retain a smooth running of the department and avoid excessive credit limits.
Jobs Skills, Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in credit and collections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Management and supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s license
Position is: Salaried - Exempt