Accounts Receivable Representative
Middle Atlantic Products, Inc.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team at Legrand!
Maintain days beyond terms (D.B.T.) and delinquency in accordance with company, department, and individual objectives through the application of credit investigation, collection techniques, and the setting and management of appropriate credit limits.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Reduce and maintain D.B.T. and delinquency on assigned accounts at an acceptable level, consistent with company, department, and individual objectives through consistent and effective collection contact. This must be accomplished in a manner that maximizes revenue and minimizes bad debt expense/exposure, while maintaining excellent customer and sales force rapport through effective communication and follow up.
- Investigate and resolve customer disputes and inquiries in a timely manner, which often involves collaboration and coordination with other functional areas and the field in a manner that provides prompt service to the customer.
- Communicate effectively with representatives from assigned accounts
- Conduct credit investigation on new and marginal accounts. Assign and maintain appropriate credit limits and payment plans that are consistent with the customer’s financial position that balances the need to maintain control with the need to prevent unnecessary credit hold flags on orders. This will occasionally involve completing a financial analysis to determine if potential bad debt risk is imminent.
- Review, discuss options, and coordinate collection issues with sales management and sales representatives in an effort to maintain an open account basis with customers. Coordinate the resolution of invalid purchase orders and other discrepancies with customers, the sales force, and customer care.
- Collaborate with departmental and cross-functional personnel on assigned projects related to process improvement, training, and initiatives with customer care, distribution finance, or other functional areas.
- Review and manage orders on hold to determine disposition, with a particular eye towards production and shipping deadlines and customer expectations.
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability working with minimal supervision and exercising judgment in developing and implementing strategies for results
- Solid understanding of credit & collections policies, procedures & strategies related to business customers
- Ability to read, interpret and understand credit reports
- Demonstrated strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects through completion at one time; while providing high attention to details.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and good math skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Proficient in the use of ERP A/R software
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow through skills
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Associates degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related field with a minimum of two (2) years commercial credit and collections experience; or combination of relevant education and experience
- Previous utilization of ERP system
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Education in financial statement analysis
- Previous utilization of SAP extremely helpful
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- CBA or CBF certification
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- General office environment
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you'd like to work in a fun, creative, business-casual environment that offers a comprehensive benefit package, we encourage you to apply!
Legrand is an equal employment opportunity employer.