Washington, DC, DC
ASEC is an award winning, employee-owned business focused on providing value and innovation in the areas of engineering, training, logistics, and flight services. Doing what is right for the Warfighter is reflected in everything we do. We have an opportunity for an Acquisition Logistician to support a Navy program based in Washington, DC (JBAB).
In this role, you will work with a highly accomplished Logistics Team providing full-spectrum acquisition logistics support to a Government Program Office (GPO). Specifically:
- Provide full spectrum acquisition life-cycle logistics support to the Government Program Office (GPO) to include all statutory and regulatory documentation in support of all Major Milestones.
- Develop, analyze, and provide recommended changes to Independent Logistics Assessments (ILA), Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP) and other required DoD 5000 series documentation that are applicable to acquisition life-cycle logistics and fielded systems sustainment support.
- Support the integrated logistics processes by developing support policies, procedures, and systems, while providing inputs to implementation guidance.
- Provide direct support to the Government Program Support Manager, Assistant Program Manager for Logistics.
- Support the management of all logistics activities associated with life cycle management of weapon systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Develop specifications, Statements of Work, Performance Work Statements, and Data deliverables.
- Directly support our nation's warfighters in the accomplishment of their highest priority missions
- Support a diverse team planning and providing Fleet Support, Spares Management to include Obsolescence identification/planning, Configuration Management and Technical Data reviews.
- Conduct technical proposal evaluations yielding inputs to USG positions with supporting rationale.
- Conduct cost, schedule, technical risk analysis for contractor proposals.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals.
- Support GPO decision making process through Analyses of Alternatives (AoA).
- Conduct independent technical analyses of emerging technologies and provide recommendations on technology insertion.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in DoD acquisition logistics management.
- Minimum five (5) years experience performing life-cycle systems engineering support.
- Ability to build and establish positive relationships with contractor support and government personnel.
- Experience with Performance Based Logistics
- Understanding of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) System and associated funding appropriations utilized throughout the life-cycle of a program
- Understanding of Sparing models such as OPUS
- Understanding of the US Navy’s Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Process
- System Upgrade / Modification Analyses.
- Experience with Software development processes (Agile, Waterfall etc.)
- Experience briefing and interacting with senior Government Program leadership.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- This position requires U.S. citizenship and an active Top Secret clearance; must be SCI eligible..
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote the most qualified persons for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. ASEC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they choose to inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.