Hearst Communications, Inc.
WPTZ/NBC5 has an opening for an experienced Administrative Assistant to serve as the assistant to the General Manager as well as provide assistance to other departments as needed. This individual will provide support by performing various tasks that contribute to the daily operations of the department. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing appointments, screening calls, and handling various electronic and written correspondence.
- Assisting the General Manager and the station management team with various duties
- Facilitates the connection and communication between the General Manager and various groups and organizations
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Answering incoming calls and greeting guests; takes messages as needed
- Maintaining and ordering supplies
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Coordinating and planning various station meetings and events
- Preparing, coordinating and sending station correspondence
- Responsible for all FCC annual and quarterly reporting (EEO, Children’s and Issues Reports) and other FCC reporting, as needed.
- Assist Business Manager with various HR and accounting functions including assistance with onboarding new employees
- Perform other tasks and duties as appropriate and/or assigned
- 1-2 years working in a fast paced office environment
- Proficient in MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Quick learner, self-starter and team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be organized and have the ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor