Mount Sterling, KY
The Administrative Assistant, under general supervision, performs a variety of complex, responsible, and specialized administrative and office support functions. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task throughout the day. It requires consistent interaction with drivers as well as various management team members. In addition, the main goal is to ensure accuracy in all clerical functions and communication.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform job duties in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Review and process completed and outgoing work orders on a daily basis.
- Work with Safety and DOT administrative departments to ensure compliance of newly hired drivers.
- Create and maintain accurate DOT and Personnel files.
- Maintain excellent and accurate records and files.
- Code and process accounts payables.
- Schedule delivery/removal work orders for trash carts and recycling carts/bins and maintain accurate tracking files of these services.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Prepare reports, confidential correspondence and other documents as required (purchase orders, employee forms, inter-company billing, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of driver and office equipment/supplies.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond to request and/or contact the foreman or supervisor to relay the message.
- Assists with dispatching as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred experience working with IPAK, AS/400 and Lotus Notes applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel).
- Must have general knowledge of recycling and trash service.
- Professional demeanor and telephone etiquette.
- Accounts payable experience a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Self motivated and capable of working independently.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while maintaining accurate records for all areas of the position.
- Must be willing to learn additional Rumpke systems/operations and able to fill in for other office personnel when necessary.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the administration/clerical field.
- Must have a proven work record including above average attendance and above average evaluation scores.
- Pretest will be administered with all qualifying applicants.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed working on computer and other office functions.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke’s policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.