Air Ambulance A&P Mechanic – Bullhead City, AZ Maintenance Facility
Air Methods Corp.
Bullhead City, AZ
“What we do is all about whom we do it for.”
Air Methods is a team of caring, innovative, and collaborative individuals with one purpose - to save lives every day. There’s a dedication to our mission that is palpable. We value the diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, and life experiences that our team members bring. We selectively hire people who consider themselves high-achievers and those that have empathy. We all share the intrinsic motivation to be of service to others; patient advocacy is in our DNA. Our values create an open and transparent culture where we instill mutual trust, autonomy, and outside-the-box thinking.
1980, Roy Morgan founded Air Methods after a personal experience convinced him that properly equipped and staffed air medical service helicopters were a must. With one helicopter and a single hospital contract in Colorado, he pledged his commitment to safety and outstanding patient care. Today, we hold those same values and are always ready to respond when it matters most. Annually, we conduct around 100,000 transports amassing over 150,00 flight hours.
What you get to do:
As an Aviation Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, inspections and alterations of Company operated aircraft. You will ensure company operational goals are met, while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is in compliance with FAA regulations, company policies and applicable maintenance manuals. During the day, you will:
- Perform inspections and repairs of aircraft/components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and applicable FAA regulations
- Be responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Director of Safety or Lead Mechanic
- Perform maintenance on 145 shop’s support equipment
- Advise the Pilot in Command of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
- Ensure all maintenance documentation is in compliance
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company’s Safety Management System and be familiar with the SMS policies, processes and procedures
- Other Duties as assigned.
Traits that would make you successful:
- You enjoy working in a team environment and building strong working relationships
- You have the ability to multi- task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to be creative and have strong troubleshooting capabilities
- You have experience with electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration- balancing and sheet metal/composite repairs
- You are able to read and understand various documents such as 337’s, service bulletins, AD’s, etc and are able to utilize manuals to navigate through needed data
- You should be comfortable with a variety of computer programs and have the capabilities to learn new
What you will bring to the team:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Factory Airframe/power plant schools preferred
- FAR 135 operations experience preferred
- Previous experience with RAMCO preferred
- Ability to successfully pass FAA mandated Drug and Alcohol Test
- FAA A&P License in good standing- REQUIRED
- Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
- Valid Drivers License REQUIRED
Perks of working for Air Methods:
- Competitive pay based on prior experience you bring to the team
- Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.