Airborne Sensor Operator – Marine
Fugro USA Land
The airborne sensor operator is responsible for operating airborne remote sensors or
cameras to collect data. In addition, the operator is responsible for setting up ground-based GPS stations, and
downloading and shipping of data. While in the office, the operator may be responsible for QC of data or other duties
• Operate airborne remote sensors or cameras to collect data.
• Set up ground-based GPS station.
• Download and ship data gathered after mission completion.
• Perform QC of data sets.
• Generate and/or review flight data acquisition missions. Prepare post mission flight logs and
• Assist Aerial Survey Pilot in exercising professional judgment at the job site in determining
conditions and procedures under which data collection will be performed.
• Perform initial quality assessment in the field to assure data meets client specifications. Coordinate
with Aviation Manager to determine if re-flights are required.
• Operate computer managed flight navigation systems, GPS Geodetic base stations, and any of
Fugro Geospatial Inc film cameras, lidar sensors, or digital cameras.
• Apply specialized knowledge in using industry and proprietary software to accomplish in-office data
processing and quality control.
• May be assigned or responsible to update Quality Management procedures on aerial sensor
• Remain current on changes within the industry through publications, periodicals, technical meeting
and conference attendance, and continuing education.
• Project a professional appearance and cooperative attitude, always maintain high ethical standards
of confidentiality in representing the company to ensure a professional representation.
• Comply and promote with the requirements of the company's documented quality system.
Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
Must have a driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
Possess a High School Diploma and two years of college/technical training
Have 2 years or more of experience with a Lidar required
Posses a Bachelor's Degree in Earth Sciences or related field preferred.
Have a fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the aptitude to operate high-tech
sensors during flight as well as data processing software.
Have the ability to read and understand maps
Be willing to travel up to extensively, for long periods of time, with minimal notice.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law supplement poster