Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic
Cirrus Aircraft’s Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world’s first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) – the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
Airframe & Powerplant technicians are certified and licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration to perform maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled on airframes and engines on aircraft registered in the United States of America.
- Examine replacement aircraft parts for defects
- Diagnose mechanical or electrical problems
- Read and understand maintenance manuals and other technical documents and identify repair procedures
- Repair wings, brakes, electrical systems and other aircraft components
- Replace defective parts using approved tooling
- Test aircraft parts with proper diagnostic equipment
- Inspect complete work for compliance and performance standards
- Review and research aircraft records
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunction and performance problems
- Assemble aircraft components, perform required measurement and testing
- Install system software and databases
Education and/or Experience:
- Possess FAA Airframe, Power plant or Airframe and Power plant Certificate or equivalent work experience (Repairman Certificate eligible)
- Practical experience preferred
- Cirrus SR2X Experience/Factory Training a plus
- Aircraft paint and refinishing experience a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration Regulations
Certificates or Licensures:
- FAA Airframe, Power Plant or Airframe and Power Plant Certificate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.