Airframe & Powerplant Spec I
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an A&P Mechanic supporting Test Operations at our Flight Operations Facilities located at either Gray Butte (Palmdale) or El Mirage (Adelanto) in sunny Southern California.
In this role you will be working on cutting edge technology utilizing your experience to further the development of new hardware and software, adding new capabilities to airborne sensing and weapons systems, and sustainment of customer fleets including MQ-1C Gray Eagle, MQ-9A Reaper, and MQ-9B SkyGuardian, SeaGuardian, and Protector systems.
Responsible for the entire Unmanned Aircraft System, you will be modifying and configuring aircraft and ground control stations to meet customer specified test programs, executing ground tests, and supporting flight test activities. This includes flightline activities such as preflight, launch and recovery, and postflight data collection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful candidate will service, troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and maintain aircraft and ground support equipment in support of test operations and sustainment activities in accordance with maintenance documentation.
- Support test teams for test and development (R&D) efforts.
- Performs work on airframe and powerplant in support of test operations and sustainment activities.
- Troubleshoot aircraft and engine systems to determine related problems to identify possible solutions.
- Develops and reviews new processes and procedures.
- Will assist in training efforts for various customers.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Inspect powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures, maintenance manuals, and/or government technical order requirements.
- Review records to ensure all required documentation is completed in accordance with established company procedures for government and customer technical order requirements.
- Perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, pre and postflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and inspect, test, maintain and operate ground support equipment.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is desired.
- Must possess:
- General knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job;
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations;
- Basic leadership, organization and planning skills;
- Good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and assess situations and make judgments.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential.
- The ability to work any shift and additional hours as required.