AMES Regional Sales Manager West- Bilingual Preferred
Colonial Materials, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Responsible for maximizing the regional sales team’s potential. Oversee and assist in developing and maintaining successful customer relationships while identifying new customer opportunities. Stay current with market and industry trends and competitors to maximize sales volume. Establish regional as well as individual sales plans and KPI’s in accordance with company goals. Communicate job expectations and supervise the sales team driving to successfully driving revenue, profit and market growth. Support and collaborate with store operations and internal business partners.
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate the sales team to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales and KPI targets are met
- Analyze region market trends to discover new opportunities for growth and suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer share of wallet
- Develop sales plans and strategies to increase market penetration within region; participate in annual sales strategy planning
- Develop annual sales targets and KPI’s for Sales Representatives; manage and control department expenses.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering and managing the sales team to understand the customer needs
- Travel with Sales reps providing individual coaching and professional development to each member of the team
- Identify hiring needs, recruit, onboard and train new employees
- Identify and provide training to the sales teams
- Address and resolve issues/problems with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate with store operations / business partners daily, weekly, monthly to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies
- Leading region sales team members to achieve sales targets and profit/budget
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Promotes partnership with the Stores, communicating about sales goals and expectations and gathering research about their target market
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from college or university and 5-7 years of sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel up to 75%
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge of the construction, building, or drywall industry preferred.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Availability to National travel
- Must have valid driver's license with acceptable MVR.
UNDERSTANDING OF JOB ESSENTIALS:
Ames Taping Tools is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. Ames is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post-offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s Incentive Plan, which is based on a combination of individual and company performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- HSA, FSA Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid holidays & Paid Time Off
*Company benefits are subject to change.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER