Analytics Data Modeler – NA
Cargill Meat Solutions
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Analytics Data Modeler is a part of the Cargill Food and Bio (CFB) data analytics team and will apply in-depth knowledge to maximize the value of data, develop an in depth understanding of the business to innovate significant data driven insights to help business leaders make better decisions and will develop and combine subject matter expertise in key data domains. In this role, you will act as a partner with internal stakeholders and technical staff to execute a business technology strategy that delivers data and analytics solutions.
- Identify and analyze business needs, gather requirements and define the scope and objectives to drive business decisions.
- Prepare data models and explore new potential data sets to support reporting and analysis initiatives.
- Prepare data models and analysis to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for values and new opportunities.
- Focus on Scalability and re-usability of data models and data products within CFB enterprise.
- Lead analysis in collaboration with process and operations leadership to identify the top opportunities for improvement and track progress and impact on future results.
- Mentor and coach peers and recommend process improvements related to delivery and new methodologies.
- Partner with the team to develop a detailed understanding of the business and offer mentorship or technical solutions to identify business problems.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Certification in programming language or business intelligence tools
- Confirmed skills querying relational databases with query language
- Confirmed experience working with large data stores
- Experience with Data Solution / Architecture
- Strong understanding of Data Governance concepts
- Experience with data engineering and database management concepts
- Experience working with cross functional and Agile teams
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/VetID:uDnQdo