Analyzer Technician SME
Olin Corp., Winchester Div.
Oyster Creek, TX
Everyone at Olin contributes to our Winning Model. We empower our employees to make a difference at work, home and in their communities. We celebrate and reward our diverse and innovative workforce that defines our future and contributes through leadership, engagement and productivity.
Join our winning team as an Analyzer Technician SME in Oyster Creek, TX. In your role as a Analyzer Technician SME, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to all the analyzer technicians for Oyster Creek to ensure safe and reliable operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the analyzer group for Oyster creek
- Maintain accurate analyzer records including compliance audits, calibrations, and repairs. Utilize SAP to keep PM’s and other work planned and scheduled.
- Repair, troubleshoot, maintain, and install analyzers, sample systems, and related components in Oyster Creek. Act as liaison between suppliers/manufacturers and manufacturing partners for problems with analytical equipment.
- Provide Operating Discipline for analytical tasks in maintenance zone.
- Maintain analyzer building's safety equipment and keep organized. Ensure appropriate analytical spare parts are available.
- Develop procedures for safe operation, decontamination, and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- Maintain a call-out schedule to ensure the plants have available coverage.
- Must meet one of the following educations and/or experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED plus five years as an Analyzer Technician in an Industrial and/or Chemical Process Environment; OR
- Associate degree* in instrumentation or relevant technical discipline with 2 years analyzer technician in an Industrial and/or Chemical Process Environment
- Must understand environmental requirements and have knowledge of compliance needs.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written project specifications, manufacturer's recommendations, P&IDs, and MSDS sheets.
- Must be willing to work within the Maintenance Work Process (MWP) and help resolve issues that surface as a result of planning and scheduling.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and SAP preferred
- Must be willing to make call outs and work overtime per plant needs.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Prior Olin experience in a relevant position preferred
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) and possess a valid US Driver's license
Grow your career where you are rewarded and valued.
Who We Are
Since 1892, Olin Corporation has steadily grown to become the industry leader in both chemicals manufacturing and ammunition. The three divisions of Olin Corporation, Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, Olin Epoxy and Winchester, employ approximately 8,000 global team members in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university. (REMOVE IF NOT APPLICABLE)
Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship. We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN or who need sponsorship now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $_________. This salary is only an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors. (REMOVE IF NOT APPLICABLE - required for certain locations (CA, CO, NY) and any virtual role available in these required locations)ID:uDnQdo