Anchor, III, Weekday Evening
Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
WMBD (CBS)/WYZZ (FOX through an outsourcing agreement with Cunningham Broadcasting, Inc.) is looking for our next weekday evening Anchor.
Join the many faces of the station that is Central Illinois Proud. You’ll take on the primary co-anchoring duties for WMBD News at 5, WMBD News at 6, WMBD News at 10, and WYZZ News at 9.
Ideal candidates have robust and vibrant personalities with a drive to develop special reports that differentiate our news coverage from the competition.
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Produce and present news reports for all platforms
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, determine angle or emphasis, and write stories according to our editorial style and format standards.
- Assist in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned
- Acts infrequently as a show producer as assigned
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required
- Participates in promotional activities, including public appearances
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English.
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear pronunciation
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad-lib when required
- Minimum five years experience in news reporting or anchoring (More or Less depending on market size.)
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Operate newsroom computer systems, including AP ENPS, BitCentral, and XPression.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift