Animal Caretaker – Guymon
Seaboard Foods, LLC
JOB PURPOSE Animal caretakers are responsible for attending to and caring for pigs in our swine production facilities. On-the-job training is provided; related experience is not necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Monitoring feed quality and water supply
- Monitoring barn environment and ventilation systems
- Treating and vaccinating sick animals as necessary
- Breeding sows (if placed on sow farm)
- Processing piglets (if placed on sow farm)
- Loading and unloading pigs as scheduled
- Maintaining farm cleanliness
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN ALL ROLES: instills trust, communicates effectively, action oriented, accepts accountability, and drives results.
- No education or experience required.
- Basic math skills
- Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish helpful, but not required
- Must be able to work in farm environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift up to 100 pounds and sometimes push/and or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is commonly exposed to airborne particles and gases at low concentrations. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to bringing excellence to the table, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork, ensuring the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.ID:uDnQdo