Antenna and Radome Design Engineer II
West University, TX
Country:United States of America
Location:TX190: 2501 West University, McKinney 2501 West University , McKinney, TX, 75070 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Antenna Design Engineer II to join our Radome & Apertures team in McKinney, Texas, with responsibilities having significant impact, recognition, and growth in the organization.
The Radome & Apertures team resides within the Apertures and RF Department. The department is responsible for full-scope antenna product solutions, spanning architecture trades, design, development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of antenna systems and associated integrated system verification solutions.
The candidate will support state-of-the-art ultra-wideband phased array antennas, individual antennas, and Low Observable (LO) antennas within the Company. The selected candidate will work with diverse teams of engineers and scientists with backgrounds in Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESAs), Computational Electromagnetics Modeling, RF Test, Mechanical, Structural and Thermal analysis, Material Science, Process and Manufacturing Engineering and LO technology.
The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy both theoretical design and hands-on antenna engineering tasks. He / She is an inquisitive problem solver, self-driven, and determined with a positive attitude and would enjoy diving deeper into Low Observable antenna research and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a leader in the Aerospace Industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you! This position requires some job duties to be performed onsite due to the sensitive nature of this work and the desire for in-person collaboration, however we offer flexible in-office hours and the ability to perform some job duties remotely.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Be responsible for the hands-on design and realization of individual antennas, phased array antennas and passive RF components.
- Use computational electromagnetic analysis software to design and predict performance on various types of antennas and apertures (spiral, sinuous, Vivaldi, patch, slot, horn, ultra-wideband tightly coupled dipole arrays, etc.)
- Support programs through modeling and simulation of antennas or RF components/systems.
- Analyze simulation or test data to verify performance to requirements.
- Participate in the testing of RF hardware for required performance metrics: VSWR, insertion loss, gain, polarization, radar cross section (RCS), etc.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Masters in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics.
- Experience with design, fabrication, and test of conformal antennas, apertures, and passive RF components (radiating elements, radomes, power dividers, couplers, transitions, multi-layer board designs, Frequency Selective Surfaces (FSSs), etc.).
- Competency in core RF engineering and antenna theory.
- Proficiency with EM modeling & simulation tools such as HFSS, CST or FEKO.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance as well as the ability to obtain special access clearance(s).
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo