AN/TPY-2 Development Chief Engineer
Woburn Ma, MA
Country:United States of America
Location:MA312: Woburn MA 235 Presidential 235 Presidential Way Spencer Building 26, Woburn, MA, 01801 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
AN/TPY-2 Development Chief Engineer
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense is looking for an experienced senior engineer to serve as the AN/TPY-2 Development Chief Engineer at our Woburn, MA location, reporting directly to the AN/TPY-2 Portfolio Chief Engineer.
The AN/TPY-2 Development Chief Engineer is responsible for successful technical execution of development program scope across all AN/TPY-2 contracts, establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with the customer, and furthering program growth through customer relationships and coordination with SMD S3 Technical Director, Requirements & Capability Lead, and Chief Engineer. The candidate will also interface with AN/TPY-2 Program Managers, Integration Product Teams, Cross Product Teams, and other Chief Engineers within the AN/TPY-2 portfolio to resolve issues and actions and be responsible for technical trades within AN/TPY-2 development to meet performance, cost and schedule. Total area of responsibility is ~$100M of development activities across all AN/TPY-2 contracts.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide technical oversight of all Engineering work within AN/TPY-2 development contracts and ultimate responsibility for the technical execution of work spanning a distributed cross functional team, with representatives from Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, IPT/CPT Leadership, and Program Office
- Maintain Technical Baseline and ensure technical integrity and engineering execution across all Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Cross Product Teams (CPTs), and disciplines within the Program to cost, schedule, technical requirements
- Primary program technical point of contact with the customer senior technical counterparts and internal senior program management and engineering leadership.
- Manage and influence customer expectations through timely and accurate communication, and advocate for most effective user solutions and capabilities.
- Provide guidance with Raytheon’s Engineering gate/design review process (e.g. Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review, Production Readiness Review, and Ship Readiness Review)
- Facilitate the technical development of Engineering personnel
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 12 years of prior relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and 10 years of prior relevant experience. In absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
- Leadership experience within Engineering
- Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Demonstrated capability as an Engineering Leader of large multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong network within the Chief Engineer community and aerospace industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Experience defining and driving technical execution plans
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Professional experience in aerospace/defense industry with emphasis on missile defense and ground based sensors
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Demonstrated history of mentoring and apprenticing other engineers
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htmIf applicable
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo