AP Specialist Martin
Western Window Systems
South Salt Lake, UT
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and processing of all Inventory and Expense transactions related to the payables function. This role will be involved in the administrative and clerical functions as well as financial support to the organization and accounting/finance department through their day-to-day management of processing and documentation of transactions, reconciliation, and reporting. The AP Specialist will effectively manage relationships and communication with vendors and the Receiving/Supply Chain department. It is important in this role to be a self-motivator, have a can-do attitude and the ability to handle a fast-paced environment supporting multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy. Also, being able to comfortably pick up the phone or push a problem/question through to a solution quickly and professionally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for daily maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions:
- Reviewing, verifying and organizing invoices for approval through 3-way matching or a workflow approval; clarifying any questionable items or pricing on invoices; and resolving any purchase order, contract or invoice discrepancies
- Recording invoices accurately and on time into appropriate accounts into accounting system maintaining proper documentation of all invoices processed
- Responsible for maintenance of AP inbox, moving all invoices out for review and approval, keeping emails organized and filed, responding within 48hrs or less.
- Processing of all vendor payments by prioritizing terms with discounts opportunities keeping DPO in mind, along with preparing/sending remittance details, and ensuring proper controls and documentation is in place for all payments made.
- Participating in the Yearly budget process by providing data for analysis and reviewing vendors and account information
- Maintaining a relationship with purchasing/receiving team and working through issues and continuous improvements together
- Assist team as needed with projects, month end reviews, or other ad-hoc tasks
- Ensuring all vendor cards are updated and accurate
- Developing a relationship with the purchasing and receiving team. Full understanding on their process and how it impacts AP related tasks, along with identify any gaps in control or improvements to processes needed within 60 days of hire.
- Identify controls and processes needed in place to ensure accurate and complete ACH/Wire/Check payments, taking advantage of available discounts, missed invoice payments avoided, and AP aging review.
- Complete AP close process to a 2 day close with-in.
- Help develop new vendor onboarding process.
Required Education and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high volume fast paced environment with well-developed problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong character being resourceful and working with limited supervision
- Self-starter with continuous efforts to improve and update processes internally with other departments or through the system
- Proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and ability to review large amounts of data from multiple systems.
- Experience in multiple software platforms; knowledge of Dynamics 365 or similar software is a plus
- Ability to interact with vendors and employees in an effective and professional manner with strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Support accounting/finance team when needed, and ability to collaborate with all other departments
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Conduct
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving skills
- Initiative/Process Improvement Oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.